Nonprofit Marketing Projects & Campaigns
Here’s a sampling of our recent projects and campaigns.
American Liver Foundation (Liver health and disease prevention organization)
Ongoing advising on marketing challenges from how to enforce a unified brand to better utilization of marketing monies and the ALF Web site.
Association of Small Foundations (Provides support and community to small foundation members)
- Designed and executed marketing strategy for first fee-based product, Foundation in a Box.
- Deliverables included market research, positioning, writing and production of marketing materials and mailing list selection.
Educational Equity Concepts (Develops curricula, programs and materials for bias-free learning)
- Designed and executed direct e-marketing campaign to sell publications to members of colleague organizations. Generated an increase of 50% over prior year sales.
- Wrote print and online marketing materials for products and services.
- Developed and produced Web site, including link campaign.
FITA (Provides management support and training for AIDS and other health organizations)
Developed a for-profit venture to bring FITA training services to the broader nonprofit marketplace:
- Executed extensive competitive analysis and market research to identify opportunities and ideal packaging and pricing.
- Designed and implemented three-year marketing plan, including product and service development, positioning and key messages and sales strategy.
- Wrote, designed and produced print and online marketing and customer service materials
Hudson River Sloop Clearwater (Environmental education and advocacy organization)
- Executed organization-wide communications audit including market research.
- Created new positioning portfolio to increase impact of communications and engage new (younger) audiences.
Lawyers Alliance for New York (Public interest law firm serving nonprofit organizations)
- Created first-time brand for this twenty-year old organization, including positioning, key messages and graphic identity.
- Designed a comprehensive, phased marketing strategy and workplan including media relations, partnership development, public education, and publications initiatives. Implemented extensive market research to shape strategy.
National Association of Mothers’ Centers (Membership and advocacy organization serving mothers nationwide)
- Created first-time brand including positioning, key messages and graphic identity.
- Designed a comprehensive, phased three-year marketing strategy and workplan including media relations, partnership development and online community initiatives. Implemented extensive market research to shape strategy.
New York Academy of Sciences (Leading convener in the scientific arena, bringing together scientist members of different disciplines from around the world)
- Created positioning statement and key messages for NYAS and its six main programs.
- Wrote copy for organizational and program-specific brochures.
New York Regional Association of Grantmakers (Membership organization supporting foundations based in NY)
- Created first-time member recruitment strategy, positioning, and key messages.
- Wrote member recruitment marketing materials.
Three Doctors Foundation (Youth mentoring organization with a health focus)
- Crafted and launched first-time brand to engage, motivate and retain partners, supporters and prospective program participants.
- Shaping three-year marketing and communications strategy to build and actively engage base of partners, supporters and program participants as TDF launches its first-year school-based mentoring program in fall 2008.
UCEDC (Economic development consulting and training provider serving nine NJ counties)
- Audited all communications, print and online.
- Designed a comprehensive two-year marketing strategy based on an environmental scan and audience research. Included definition of marketing goals and objectives, branding direction, key messages and positioning, and marketing strategies, work plan and budget.
Wake Health Services (Health service organization providing care to low-income patients)
- Wrote positioning statement and key messages to increase impact of marketing campaigns to prospective patients.
Barjolu Foundation (New foundation supporting community-based economic development work in developing regions of the world)
- Developed positioning and key messages to reach each audience segment effectively during launch period.
- Crafting marketing strategy to build awareness of Foundation focus, generate qualified grant applicants and engage prospective donors.
Engineering Information Foundation (Supporting worldwide engineering education and practice through information technology and the recruitment of women)
Designed Web site strategy; produced and marketed Web site to promote grant availability to international audiences, and to qualify prospective applicants.
New York State Health Foundation (Health care conversion foundation launched in 2006, focused on improving health of New Yorkers)
- Crafted Web site strategy to build awareness about NYS Health Foundation and its focus, generate qualified grant applicants, showcase grantee work and establish the Foundation as a leading player in the field of public health in NYS.
- Distributed RFP to vetted vendors and managed vendor selection process.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (Major funder in the public health arena)
- Provide Internet and communications strategy services to RWJF National Program Offices.
- Train grantees and staff members in communications skills and strategies.
- Served as online community facilitator for Addiction Prevention and Treatment program offices.
- Managed extensive foundation-wide mailing list database development project.
Elsevier Publishing (Scientific and medical publisher)
- Assisted in the development of corporate foundation.
- Strategized, wrote and produced product-specific websites targeted to the science, technical, medical and library markets.
- Positioned and launched product enhancements to secure early-to-market advantage. Wrote and produced materials from press releases to sales collateral.
- Created positioning, key messages, and marketing plan to market products and services of acquired companies.
- Analyzed and interpreted market research results.
H. W. Wilson (Reference publisher of readers Guide to Periodical Literature and other resources)
- Consulted on product development and marketing to the library market.
- Executed market research.
Working Assets Long Distance (Telecom provider with a public interest orientation)
- Designed marketing strategy and research to generate sales of long-distance services to nonprofit and foundation markets.